Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

OK, first off, long time no blog! My apologies. It's not that I didn't have time. Several times I pulled it up and just stared blankly. I could not think of one thing to write about. But, alas, Thanksgiving has me motivated!

I have sooo very much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving but not just on Thanksgiving, everyday! I think the form of a list would be easiest.

*My husband- I don't even know where to begin with Jeremy. He can make me laugh, aggravate the snot out of me, and make my heart fill with so much love it could burst. He allows me to live my dream of being the primary caregiver for our children, he is a good father to his two boys who he couldn't be more proud of, and loves his family (and the family he has inherited by marrying me) with his whole heart. I am so proud of his work ethic, his kind demeanor, his big smile he gives everyone he meets, and his caring heart.

*My WONDERFUL boys- I can't even write about them or describe them without tearing up. God soo richly blessed us with two precious boys. They are the light of my life. Henry is so so so smart and funny! He has a stubborn streak (that he inherited from me), but he is soo loving. He is generous with his hugs and kisses, he does his "maniac" dance when he's happy and excited and the way he adores Luke melts my heart. Luke is a joy as well. A talker from the get go, he vocalizes his happiness AND frustration :) I love the way he will almost do a back flip if he can hear my voice but not see me. Love them!

*My family- My parents have done and continue to do soo much for me. I love you and thank you just isn't enough. I love my brother so much and I still dare anyone to mess with him ;) I can't mention Bert without Allison. I am thankful he has met someone who makes him so happy and that he loves so much! I'm excited to get a sister! My grandma, aunts, uncle and cousins are the best. I've always loved my family but "age" has made me love and appreciate them even more.

*My in-laws- They have accepted and loved me from the get go welcoming me into their family with open arms. I feel just at home with Jeremy's family as I do my own. I gained two sisters in marrying Jeremy and I love them as if I'd had them my whole life. Not everyone is as lucky as I am to experience this, I am thankful!

*Our health-Jeremy and I are both healthy. Our boys are extremely healthy. Thank you God for this. Too many times we take things for granted. I have two eyes that see, two ears that ear, legs that get me up and going every morning and arms that can hold my babies...thank you.

*Our Home-We may be busting at the seams, have a master bathroom that never works quite right and nine times out of ten, it's a toy scattered mess--but it's ours. We have a roof over our head and food on the table.

Naptime has abruptly come to an end here at our house so I have to cut things short!
Don't forget to be thankful for the little things and get rid of the negative!

No comments: