Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Friday, September 19, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things......baby edition

I have a few wonderful finds (in my opinion anyway) when it comes to baby gear, clothing, etc. I'll start the list now!
  • The Boppy Infant Lounger- I received this as a gift from one of Jeremy's co-workers and it was quite possibly one of the best things we ever got for Henry! Soft, snuggly, and he loved to sit in it. It cradles the baby perfectly! It's usually my first choice as a gift for mommies to be.
  • Children's Consignment Shops-Not just a regular consignment shop, but ones that specialize in infant an children. My two favorites are Once Upon a Child in Savannah and Kid to Kid in Augusta. I"ll let you in on my secret. We get 90% of Henry's toys at these shops. Kids grow so quick and outgrow their toys so why spend an arm and a leg on them? The lady who owns Once Upon a Child only accepts toys in excellent condition, with all pieces and accessories and every feature has to work. Once I started keeping Cameron, Mom and I made a trip down there and loaded the back of my Tahoe with toys for $50!!! Definitely check it out!! Kid to Kid in Evans also has great clothes! You can get smocked bubbles or embroidered jon jons for as little as $8!!!
  • Itzbeen Baby Timer- I don't have this one for myself, but I read about it in Parent's magazine and bought it for my good friend Marci. She just had her second baby and I thought it might make life easier. She loves it! It's like a glorified stop watch allowing you to time diaper changes, feedings, and naps with a touch of a button. It even as a button on the bottom you switch after breastfeeding so you remember which breast you fed on at each feeding.
  • Evenflo Jump & Go-Henry loves his jumper and this one has toys on the on the front and plays music. Nuff said :)
  • Tiny Love Symphony in Motion mobile-Before he could sit up and grab it, Henry would love to lay in his crib and watch this mobile! He LOVED it! I loved that it played up to 20 minutes of music, volume control, classical music or nature sounds. The company is also wonderful to deal with. We had a piece of his break. I called the company and they sent me a new one within the week.
  • Pamper's diapers-I have tried Huggies, Luvs, and Parent's Choice but NOTHING compares to Pamper's Swaddlers and Cruisers!! They are soft, the sides stretch perfectly, and they just fit better. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!
  • Babies R Us-SOOOOOOO worth the drive to Augusta!! If you can't find what you are looking for there, then they probably don't make it! And another plus, they are usually cheaper than Wal Mart and Target.

I could ramble on forever and ever on this stuff but I think I'll wrap it up tonight!!

No comments: