Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy boys :)

"Life is good, the grass is green
The good Lord's smilin' on you and me
Gonna knock on wood
Sweet sunshine everywhere I look
You love me like no one could
Life is good"






Well we're almost a month in to having two babies under two and it's been surprisingly smooth sailing. Henry is wonderful with Luke, if anything he loves him TOO much :) Luke is a happy, content baby. He only fusses if he's hungry or has some trapped gas and needs to burp. He's eating every 3 hours, has put on weight and has certainly grown longer.
My biggest concern before Luke's birth (and remains my concern) was making sure to give Henry some "mama time". It can be a bit of a struggle to give him my undivided attention but we are doing it! Reading books, nap time, and even our grocery shopping have proven to be good opportunities. He is pushing the envelope a little bit with his behavior (ie. doing things he knows he shouldn't while grinning at us) but I don't know if that has more to do with the fact that he's approaching the
"terrible" two's or adjusting to the baby being here.
Anyway, Jeremy and I have been very blessed with two special, sweet, happy, healthy boys. I don't take a minute for granted!

No comments: