Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm BAAACK!

Gosh what a pathetic excuse for a blogger I've been! Had it not been brought to my attention (Thank you Ben!) that some people still stop by here from time to time, I honestly probably wouldn't be at it tonight. It's crossed my mind oh so many times but I never did anything about it obviously. So with that said, here's the update. Luke turned 2! Time is in fast forward with this one. It has gone by too fast. Henry starts school tomorrow! 2 days a week, 1/2 a day but HUGE for this mommy who has been with him EVERYDAY (well I can't count on my hands the time I haven't) been with him since his birth. And last, we got a new pet. Hiccup the black cat. As far as "news" goes, that would probably be it. The rest of our lives are the same. Jeremy still works an insane amount of time (totally typical for his field), I'm still home with my babies (plus my non biological babies), and in our spare time we are still hanging with the extended family and hitting up the beach or wherever else the road takes us. I am still interested in photography although admittedly I'm not fine tuning this craft nearly enough. Most of my time is being mama and referee. Not that this is a bad thing and I sure as hell wouldn't change it! :)
That being said, I know that maybe I should get some other interest of my own. When the biggest news I have for Taylor is the cute song they sang on Phineas and Ferb today....we have a problem. Seriously though! I feel I'm an expert critic of children's programming. We watch a good bit. (<---ooohhh bad mommy!) For instance, we watch a movie to go to bed at night. Last night, it was Bambi. I was propped up in the bed with Henry and Luke, completely into a movie I've seen now, OH... 50 times. And I had an epiphany. You know the scene where "man" comes into the forest and disrupts all that is happy and right? If you don't read no further. Go watch Bambi. You won't get this otherwise. Ok, so the music and tone of the movie get serious, or scary as Henry says. The animals are on the move. The female quail starts freaking out "I gotta fly!" AAANNND BAM! Man shoots her down. Well then he takes aim at the bunnies, the other quail, the deer. Damn near anything that moves. Yeah, so I know that's not how Jeremy hunts. So it hit me. This "man" is either a horrible shot, probably a Yankee OR he is a drunk redneck. The next scene explains it. I wonder no more. Sadly he as a redneck. He got wasted "drinking beer and wasting bullets" and let his campfire get out of control and ruin Bambi's lush forest.
Just another of Disney's secret messages I suppose.

I appreciate so those that stop in to read! I won't let you down from now on! See you next time ya'll!

No comments: