Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The things children say....

I could write one hella funny blog post just listing some of the many things the boys have said recently. I can't do this however because 90% of what they have said is innapropriate or would embarass me greatly. I know where some of it comes from and other things make me scratch my head. For instance, today when I asked Henry to pick up his toys he told me that he would not be able to do that because he didn't have enough oxygen. He has also started talking about "THE God" not just "God". This is good because he realizes there is only one God, but when you listen to him talk, it puts a smirk on your face. (THE God made the grass, THE God helps daddy's struction workers on the job site)
Henry is not the only one talking around here. Luke is a talker too. He is speaking in full sentences and to everyones delight, he will repeat the last 2-3 word of everything you say.
Me: Luke, go pick your tractor up
Luke: Pick my tractor up?
Me: Yep, that one right there.
Luke: right there?
This goes on all day, no matter the converstaion or task. It makes me thing of that mocking bird song in Dumb and Dumber.
As much as I kid, I LOVE that both of them are so vocal and talkative. I'm sure its going to bite me in the butt one day and sure as I'm sitting here typing I'll have to go explain something or apologize to someone. Don't think for a moment that they aren't listening or paying attention to what you say. Dad has a helicopter sitting on the desk in the den. One of those things for display only. Henry has repeated so many times today that when he's bigger and can be really careful Poppa will let him hold that helicopter, but he can't have it now. To which Luke replies "He STINGY!" I wonder where he got that from? Hint: it wasn't me.

No comments: