Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The "Classy" Trashys

I have been noticing a trend on facebook and myspace that is driving me banana sandwich! (as Dane Cook would say ;) There are a lot of girls using Coco Chanels famous quote "A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous". True, true, I agree with that. The quote is not the problem. It's the people using it. I don't think they really understand the definition of class or what it is to be classy. A quick browse through their photos or interest can tell you that much. When did it become acceptable for girls to act this way? It's disgusting, vile and a complete turn off to the men they are trying SOO hard to impress (trust me, it is. Ask them. The decent ones anyway.) I hate to jump on the bandwagon of blaming the media but if Britney, Paris, and Lindsay didn't go around on drunken, panty-less escapades maybe teen age and college age girls wouldn't either. Go check out some of your facebook friends photos. You may be surprised what you find. When did it become a cool thing to take pictures of each other going to the bathroom-in the restroom or on the side of the road? Who wants to see that? REALLY?!? What about the "girl on girl" pics? Kissing on each other or in other compromising positions? Yikes! What would your momma and daddy say about those. Here's a good rule of thumb ladies: If you wouldn't want your parents, no better yet, grandma to see it-don't post it online for the rest of the world to see!! Do you realize that employers go on to these sites to check you out before they hire you? Something else to think about!!
That's enough about the pictures, now lets just focus on the actions in general. Why is it that you can't go out without drinking to the point that you say things you shouldn't, puke, or even pass out? It makes you look dumb and its dangerous too.
There is also a misconception that THINGS make you classy. The bottom line is this-designer clothes and shoes, a Coach or Louis bag, or a phat ride don't make you classy. Those are just things. Your ACTIONS are what speak volumes about who you are! If you are blitzed 85% of the weekend, cuss like a sailor, and flash your goodies (by accident or on purpose) you are lacking in the class department!
I don't know. Maybe a lot of the girls using the quote have it up as an aspiration they one day hope to fill. They need to work harder, because they don't have it.
I will get off my soap box now :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I couldn't agree more. I love the way you think! =)

Vanessa