Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My new obsession-planning Henry's birthday party

I really think its misleading for me to call this a "new" obsession because I've really been thinking about it in some way, shape, or form since he turned 6 months old. Its not that I want him to hurry up and grow up, its just that the first birthday is such a big deal, so monumental! Look at how he has grown and everything he has accomplished :) Its a chance for us to throw him a party and show how proud we are of him!
I am probably doing too much party wise for his birthday and people keep telling me he won't remember. He won't remember. I know that. He will however know whats going on the day of his party and I want him to enjoy it and have a fun day.
Henry is having a farm party here at the house with a hayride :) That's all I'm letting out of the bag for the time being. I have been working on the little details and thinking about decorations. Getting my ducks in a row so to speak. Everything is going good with the exception of the cake.I found the most perfect cake (picture) online!! I eagerly started calling cake ladies and bakeries to get estimates. Here's the shocker....I was getting quotes between $75-$125 for the cake!!!!! FOR A FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!! Ummm.....NO! Back to the drawing board I went, found another cake, got an acceptable quote, but now the lady won't e-mail me back. Looks like I might be making the cake now! We will see. I have a little less than a month to go!
We have bought his gift. He is getting shoes and clothes from his momma and daddy because we know everybody else will give him toys. The "favors" if you want to call them that are purchased and sitting in my guest room. Invitations are addressed, stamped, and ready to go. Just waiting on the 9th to roll around! I will definitely post pictures of the party :)

No comments: