Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

To Henry

Hen Pen-
You amaze me everyday with how smart and articulate you are. You don't miss a beat and you've become quite the parrot when it comes to talking. Here are some of the things you've been doing lately.
At 16 months:
*You've taken to walking backwards and on your tip toes from time to time--just for kicks. You also like to walk in general. Sometimes when we are outside you just make up your mind to take off. You'll walk up the driveway, to the stop sign, and then turn and go down the road. You will just keep going until you get too tired. Then you'll turn and reach to be picked up.
*When your Daddy was sick, we were walking around spraying Lysol and I told you we had to clean because Daddy was sick and that was "not good" in a British accent. You mimicked the "not good" complete with accent. I started laughing and told you that you were a bird. You responded with "DUCK! quack quack quack!"
*You can wash yourself in the tub. You like to help wash clothes and dishes. I think wash may be one of your favorite words.
*You are beginning to learn the difference between boy and girl. You like to tap Chloe on the head and call her "guurl"
*Curious George on PBS cracks you up which cracks me up.
*The other night at dinner you pointed to your Daddy and said "Dada". We clapped for you and asked what my name was. You pointed and said "Mama!" We clapped again. I then tapped your chest and asked you what your name was. You sat for a minute, grinned, and patted your own chest saying "Henny!"
*You are beginning to recognize people and call more people by name. You've had Jeb down for a while but it's still your favorite. You've added Poppa and Bert.
*You love your trucks, cars, four wheelers, bulldozers,etc. There's no doubt your all boy.
*You LOVE to dance! A lot of times if you hear a song on the radio, TV or coming from a toy you start saying "dance, dance!" You want everyone to participate. You'll be very embarrassed by this one day, but you also LOVE the Mama Mia soundtrack. That one kinda drives your Dada crazy!
*Your getting better with your "goff cubs" and you can certainly throw and kick a ball.
*Books are your favorite. I sometimes think you would sit and be read to all day long. We did that for a half day when you were sick. One after another, after another. You can't get enough. Big Red Barn, Goodnight Gorilla, Bunnies on the Go, Duck in the Truck,The Going to Bed Book, and your googly eyed animal books are your favorite right now. You also like to look at your giant truck book by yourself while we ride to Savannah or go to Wal Mart.
*You gave up your pacifier all by yourself. Actually, that was last month but I was impressed. You just quit cold turkey one day. I'll never get over how smooth you transition.
*The other night, your Daddy was looking at you and said "Boy, you look just like your Mama!" You looked at me with your big cheezy grin and started clapping saying "YAY!!!" That made my day :)
*If someone is on the phone, you will go and get your phone and put it to your ear. You then walk around the house saying "Hewwo!"
I could go on and on and I'm sure I've forgotten some things. I'm going to try and do better and writing this stuff down as it happens. You make life such a joy and never fail to bring a smile to my face. No matter how bad the day is going, or tired I may be you always brighten my day. I love you so much!
Mama

No comments: