This is the only thing that annoyed me. He asked if Henry was still at home or at daycare. I told him home and he then asked what were my plans for him once Luke was born. I told him he would still be at home. He said I was a brave woman. What, for taking care of my kids? Was I supposed to sign Henry up for military school and ship him off? I missed that memo. I don't kid myself, I know my hands are going to be full. I know some days will be really really rough. But to me, the sooner you face up to the challenge and get things running in order the better off you are. THAT mentality of "Oh it's just too much" "I can't handle it" by lazy parents is why kids are in the mess they are in the first place. I don't think I'm the super parent who has it all figured out. I don't think all working moms are scum. I don't like ANY parent working or home that doesn't face up to responsibility and instead pushes it off on the closest relative or child care option. Jeremy and I talked about this last night. His grandpa had 11 brothers and sisters. 11! Back then, daycare didn't exist and they managed their extremely large family just fine. Why? Because it was just understood that you took care of your own.
More than anything it just saddens me because I look at how quickly time passes and how much Henry learns and changes everyday and think about how many people willingly give up this time in their child's life. In 6 short months he will be 2 years old. So hard to believe. So no thanks, I'm not interested in shipping him out to be someone elses responsibility. Oh and a reminder peeps, there was a study done not too long ago that the whole "it's quality time not the the quantity of time" is BS. Keep that in mind.
I'll hop off my soap box yet again. I can get preachy and angry when you get me started! :) I'll end this post with a picture of Henry that Jeremy and Bert took this weekend while they were playing with him! Oh, and one more "big" thing. Henry went "teetee in da pottay" last night. We are not pushing potty training by any means, just getting him used to seeing the little one in his bathroom. I've been sitting him on it every night before he gets in the tub and talking to him. Well last night he actually went and was SOOO excited. Let's hope he keeps that enthusiasm!


No comments:
Post a Comment