Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Outdoor time!
It's been hard for us to play outside the past couple of weeks. Mosquitoes have been TERRIBLE! We have the creek behind our house so that doesn't help but the more I talk to people I keep hearing they are bad everywhere. Anyway, we went out mid morning yesterday and were able to play for a little bit before Mommy started getting torn up! Ya'll know mosquitoes are more attracted to pregnant people right? They sure are, Google it! Henry so loves being outside so this has been a bummer having to limit our time and then having to be coated in bug spray to go out (then bathed when we come in). I snapped a few shots of him playing on his swing set. He went down the slide by himself for the first time :) Oh, and my little Curious George decided to go stick his hand in an ant bed. He knows ants bite and to keep away. We tell him all the time. BUT he got this little grin on his face and plunged his hand straight into a bed yesterday. I got to him and got his hands clean before any damage was done but he did get one bite on his ankle. He looked at me and smiled saying "It bit me Mama!" Lessons learned! I guess he needed to test it himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment