Well where should I begin with this boy of mine!
He is most definitely a typical two year old. Curious and into everything, BIG emotions whether happy or sad, he talks up a breeze and knows only one speed which is full throttle. When he's happy you can't help but smile and laugh along with him. He has brought Jeremy and I to tears with laughter and sometimes tears from me just because I'm so proud of my child but sad at how fast he's growing. As I've mentioned before the downside of being two is the tantrums. Oh yes, it will happen to you too one day if you aren't already a parent. I swore up and down that MY child would NEVER act like that. Yeah. I think if someone tells you that their child never whined and threw a tantrum they are lying to you and to themselves. Henry IS a very well behaved two year old but he has his moments. Sometimes its just frustration that he hasn't gotten his point across to us. He has a pretty large vocabulary but sometimes we just don't get it right. Sometimes the tantrum is because we were mean and evil parents that told him "No!" :) God gave me a lot of patience. I have always been able to tolerate a lot and handle situations calmly but sometimes I could just scream right along with him. He seems to be doing better here recently and we aren't seeing as many as we once had so maybe we're doing something right. Or maybe he is just outgrowing it.
He has funny little quirks. He is fearless to an extent. Things that he should be afraid of he races at head on. Things that are trivial and not scary to most terrify him. Case and point: getting a hair cut. He HATES it. The mention of it will get him worked up. That being said, be prepared to see Henry rocking the shaggy look for a little while because after my last experience with him in a barber shop I'm not taking him back....for a while! He also is afraid of the lawn mower all of a sudden. Last summer, he wanted to ride with Jeremy. This year, if you walk towards the shed where the lawnmower is kept he wants to go inside.
He LOVES music. In fact, for Easter he got the new Celtic Thunder DVD and I've lost count how many times we've watched it already. He watched it with us on PBS and soon there after would ask to "Watch girls" so we would pull it up on You Tube for him. (This is the song "Standing on the Corner" (watching all the girls go by) He grins and mimics the moves while he watches. Jeremy of course is not thrilled by this :) I tried to tell him though that maybe Henry will be a musician or singer. That's not a terrible thing (well, with a few exceptions)
He is as sweet as they come and gets so excited to see people that he knows whether it be family or friends. He loves Luke and Luke sure loves him. He loves to be outside. He is fascinated by tractors, trucks, construction equipment and anything else that can go. He'll sing 'Big Green Tractor' and 'All About John Deere'.
Two is definitely a challenging age but it is also such a fun one.
I'll leave you with a video. Just picture a certain two year old dancing along ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment