Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009



Just a quick note I jotted down for Henry's baby book. Thought I would share with you guys!

Henry-
Life for you is going to change very soon. Time as the only child is a month short of being over and then you will have a little brother to share the spotlight with. Mommy and Daddy will be a little more busy and life will probably be pretty crazy at our house for a while. Granny, Poppa, Nene and Papa along with your aunts, uncle and extended relatives and friends will be giving attention to Luke who up until this point was just a faceless somebody we talked about.

I know your little mind can't even begin to process the change that is coming and I worry for that. I know that the adjustment of having a baby around (one that doesn't get picked up and go home in the afternoon!) will take a while and be a bit hard on you. You've never really had to share the spotlight and are soo used to being Mama's number one man. This isn't a sad time, this is a very happy time! You are gaining so much. You are gaining a brother who you will love unconditionally. You are gaining a playmate that will love trucks, tractors and dirt just as much as you do. You are gaining someone to share so many wonderful life experiences with, someone who will be by your side as you grow older, someone you will have such a close bond with, that you will share so many secrets and laughs with. You are receiving the ultimate gift. It just may not seem that way at first! :)

You have been such a blessing and joy to mine and Daddy's life. You brighten each and everyday with your sweet smile, eye rolling and funny comments. I can't remember what life was like before you so it must have been pretty dull and boring :) I love you so much it hurts and know Daddy feels the same way.

Just remember, no matter how busy things get or how tired mama and daddy may be, we love you so much! And Luke or ("Woot" as you have begun to call him) does too.

No comments: