It is HOT HOT HOT here in the Boro! I tell you what! You can't step out without breaking into a sweat and my large belly and 27lb toddler don't help much! Henry LOVES to be outside but it's just too much right now. Between the heat of the day and the blood thirsty mosquitos in the evening when it does cool down (some) we have been mainly indoors. We tried to ride the golf cart with Aunt Taylor Friday and it literally felt like someone turned a heater on high blowing in our faces. Henry was sweated down within 10 minutes so we cut the ride REALLY short! I admit, this last bit of Mommy and Henry time isn't going like I thought it would. I really wanted to make a special effort to do all the things he enjoys the most and to an extent, we have. It's just tooooooo hot! We have been doing lots of reading. He LOVES books and being read to. We end up in the library weekly refreshing our collection. We also have been playing with trucks and tractors, hide and seek, painting, and watching Cars. I HATE the watching TV part. I don't like that "wat TV" is even in his vocabulary. Mom tells me I shouldn't feel bad because I don't sit him in front of it alone of for hours on end but still, I feel like we should be doing something else. I'm hoping we can fit another Splash trip in before Luke gets here and I hope that we will be able to play outside more soon. Maybe some rain will come and cool us off? I'll end with some pictures of Henry after finger painting today. It was just a
little messy!

No comments:
Post a Comment