Musings by a domestic engineer on life with two wild boys, a hard working hubby, a cat named Hiccup and a fabulous chocolate lab...who's scared of bubbles.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Books!


So with all of this not sleeping well at night and our frequent library trips, I've been picking up a few myself to pass the time! My first read was "In Praise of Stay at Home Moms" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. It was a good read. I felt like I could have written it because she feels the way I do about staying home with your children. She offered insight into some the problems with staying home and included tons of letters from her radio listeners. I found myself grabbing Jeremy at night going "Oh, and listen to this!" while reading him an excerpt. I think it would make a great read for someone thinking of staying at home or someone who doesn't get what the big deal is. I won't reveal anymore in case you want to go pick it up!





My next read was "Savannah Blues" by Mary Kay Andrews. LOVED it! Funny and a good easy read. It is a romance/murder/mystery/comedy, centered around antiques. Very enjoyable! I'm hooked on her style and I am currently reading her book "Deep Dish" and it's really good so far too! Just thought I would share!!

No comments: